Hi,
this sounds great to me as well!

I have been using [math] for some time and I found it very handy
(congratulations to math team!). As for data mining functions I didn't
have a chance to look what is implemented elsewhere yet (e.g: WEKA)
but if there is anything what could be started in commons-math domena
then I could offer my implementation of association mining package. It
is not finished yet and still needs more tuning but I hope to finish
it soon and see if it is helpful to other people.

Regards,
Lukas