Oliver Heger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

>>[ ] can replace 1.1 without any user or developer visible changes: 1.1.1
>>[ ] might have some developers "gotchas" or user visible changes:  1.2
>>
>>IMHO.
>>

>Okay, then 1.2 would be the number of choice. Fine with me!

Note that this would be _my_ number of choice. I'd be upset if a version
number change from 1.1 (.0) to 1.1.1 would break my application. I'd expect
these versions to be interchangeable (i.e. 1.1.1 only a bug fix release).

1.2 would IMHO mean "watch out, some gotchas"

2.0 would mean "expect heavy breakage and code adjustments". :-)

        Regards
                Henning

[EMAIL PROTECTED]        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/

                      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42