From: Joerg Hohwiller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 5:18 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [proxy] vs proxytoys

Hi James,

James Carman wrote:
> That's one thing that I could definitely use help with ("mavenization").
> I'm not at all familiar with what it takes to get a project set up with
> Gump, Maven, and all the other stuff.
Promise is promise:
I made it and it works quite well. You only have to get the jaxrpc.jar
yourself and put it into ~/.maven/repository/jaxrpc/jars/jaxrpc-1.1.jar
I used maven 1.0.2 and a simple
"maven jar" builds the project and "maven site" builds the website
that will occur under target/docs/index.html and is quite nice for 1
hour work :)

I could not check in the maven config to the subversion so I will post
it here. Befor you call "svn add", do not forget to add the following
lines to "~/.subversion/config" in the "[auto-props]" section at the end
 of the file:
*.java = svn:keywords=Id;svn:eol-style=native
*.properties = svn:keywords=Id;svn:eol-style=native
*.xml = svn:keywords=Id;svn:eol-style=native

Put the files on toplevel (in the trunk folder):

project.xml
- -----------
<!-- $Id: project.xml$ -->
<project>
  <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
  <id>commons-proxy</id>
  <name>Commons Proxy</name>
  <groupId>commons-proxy</groupId>
  <currentVersion>0.1</currentVersion>
  <organization>
    <name>Apache Software Foundation</name>
    <url>http://apache.org</url>
    <logo>http://apache.org/images/asf_logo_wide.png</logo>
  </organization>
  <inceptionYear>2005</inceptionYear>
  <package>org.apache.commons.proxy</package>
  <logo>/images/logo.png</logo>
  <shortDescription>Java library for dynamic proxying</shortDescription>
  <url>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/proxy</url>
  <issueTrackingUrl>http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla</issueTrackingUrl>
  <siteAddress>jakarta.apache.org</siteAddress>
  <siteDirectory>/somewhere/commons/sandbox/proxy/</siteDirectory>
  <description><![CDATA[
    Commons proxy is a java library for creating dynamic proxys.
    <section name="Features">
        Commons-proxy comes with the follwing features
        <ul>
          <li>simple and easy to use API</li>
          <li>based on AOP Alliance</li>
          <li>implementations using java.reflect.Proxy,cglib and
javassist</li>
          <li>really fast</li>
        </ul>
    </section>
  ]]></description>

  <repository>

<connection>scm:svn:http:svn.apache.org:repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/pr
oxy:trunk</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:https:svn.apache.org:repos/asf/jakarta/commons/
sandbox/proxy:trunk</developerConnection>

<url>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/sandbox/proxy/trunk/<
/url>
  </repository>

  <versions>
    <version>
      <id>0.1</id>
      <name>0.1</name>
      <tag>Version_0_1</tag>
    </version>
  </versions>

  <branches>
  </branches>

  <mailingLists>
    <mailingList>commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org</mailingList>
  </mailingLists>

  <developers>
    <developer>
      <name>James Carman</name>
      <id>carman</id>
      <email>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</email>
      <organization>carmanconsulting.com</organization>
      <roles>
        <role>admin</role>
        <role>designer</role>
        <role>developer</role>
      </roles>
      <url>http://www.carmanconsulting.com/</url>
      <timezone>+1</timezone>
    </developer>

  </developers>

  <contributors>
    <contributor>
      <name>J#246;rg Hohwiller</name>
      <email>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</email>
      <organization/>
      <roles>
        <role>mavenizer</role>
      </roles>
      <url></url>
    </contributor>
    <contributor>
      <name>J#246;rg Schaible</name>
      <email>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</email>
      <organization/>
      <roles>
        <role></role>
      </roles>
      <url></url>
    </contributor>
  </contributors>

  <licenses>
    <license>
      <name>ASL</name>
      <url>http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt</url>
      <distribution>repro</distribution>
    </license>
  </licenses>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>cglib</groupId>
      <artifactId>cglib</artifactId>
      <version>2.1</version>
      <url>http://cglib.sourceforge.net</url>
      <properties>
        <comment>code generation library</comment>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javassist</groupId>
      <artifactId>javassist</artifactId>
      <version>3.0</version>
      <url>http://www.csg.is.titech.ac.jp/~chiba/javassist/</url>
      <properties>
        <comment>java programming assistant - library for bytecode
maniplation</comment>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>aopalliance</groupId>
      <artifactId>aopalliance</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <url>http://aopalliance.sourceforge.net/</url>
      <properties>
        <comment>AOP standard API</comment>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>jaxrpc</groupId>
      <artifactId>jaxrpc</artifactId>
      <version>1.1</version>
      <url>http://java.sun.com/j2ee/</url>
      <properties>
        <comment>XML remote procedure call API</comment>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>hessian</groupId>
      <artifactId>hessian</artifactId>
      <version>3.0.1</version>
      <url>http://www.caucho.com/hessian/</url>
      <properties>
        <comment>binary webservices protocol</comment>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>burlap</groupId>
      <artifactId>burlap</artifactId>
      <version>2.1.7</version>
      <url>http://www.caucho.com/burlap/</url>
      <properties>
        <comment>library for building webservices really easy</comment>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
      <version>1.0.4</version>
      <url>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/</url>
      <properties>
        <comment>logging abstraction layer</comment>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

  <build>
    <nagEmailAddress>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</nagEmailAddress>
    <sourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/java</sourceDirectory>
    <unitTestSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/test</unitTestSourceDirectory>
    <integrationUnitTestSourceDirectory/>
    <aspectSourceDirectory/>

    <unitTest>
      <includes>
        <include>**/*TC.java</include>
      </includes>
      <excludes></excludes>
      <resources>
        <resource>
          <directory>${maven.src.dir}/test</directory>
          <includes>
            <include>**/*.dtd</include>
            <include>**/*.properties</include>
            <include>**/*.x*</include>
            <include>**/*.mf</include>
            <include>**/*.jar</include>
          </includes>
        </resource>
      </resources>
    </unitTest>

    <resources>
      <resource>
        <directory>${maven.src.dir}/java</directory>
        <includes>
          <include>**/*.dtd</include>
          <include>**/*.properties</include>
          <include>**/*.x*</include>
        </includes>
      </resource>
      <!--
      <resource>
        <directory>${maven.src.dir}/conf</directory>
        <targetPath>BLOCK-INF</targetPath>
        <includes>
          <include>block.xml</include>
        </includes>
      </resource>
      -->
    </resources>
    <jars></jars>
  </build>

  <reports>
    <report>maven-changes-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-changelog-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-developer-activity-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-file-activity-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-checkstyle-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-javadoc-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-jdepend-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-junit-report-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-jxr-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-license-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-linkcheck-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-tasklist-plugin</report>
    <report>maven-faq-plugin</report>
    <!--
        <report>maven-pmd-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-clover-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-simian-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-statcvs-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-xhtml-plugin</report>
    -->
  </reports>

</project>

project.properties
- ------------------
#$Id: project.properties$

#enable subversion support
maven.changelog.factory=org.apache.maven.svnlib.SvnChangeLogFactory

#xdoc settings
maven.xdoc.data=left

#checkstyle settings
#maven.checkstyle.properties=${basedir}/checkstyle.xml
#maven.checkstyle.header.file=${basedir}/checkstyle.header.txt

Take care
  Jörg