Ok, cool, I didn't know non-private constructors was a general requirement. Thanks for the heads-up.

Frank

Stephen Colebourne wrote:
Frank W. Zammetti wrote:

As was pointed out to me by a user, I mistakenly wrote the constructor of the FileSystemUtils as public, where it whould be private as it is suppoed to disallow instantiation of the classm as the comment says... just a brainfart I guess :)

Unless anyone thinks it should be left public in case anyone ever wants to add non-static members, can a committer make this change? I didn't think a patch was needed for something as trivial as this.

The SVN code is correct. The constructor should be public. The comment is referring to the fact that we in commons cannot make it private (as one would normally do) because some tools like Velocity can't cope with static methods.

Stephen

.

--
Frank W. Zammetti