On 8/28/05, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Craig McClanahan wrote:
>
> >On 8/28/05, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >>How do I set up Commons Proxy for nightly builds?  Do I have to "gump-ize"
> >>it?
> >>

> >Nightly builds for most of the Commons Proper and Commons Sandbox
> >projects are built on my personal desktop machine and then uploaded
> >(yes, it should really be on ASF hardware somewhere ... nobody has yet
> >had the time to set that part up).
> >

> Hi Craig,
>
> I'd be happy to look at getting this set up on the solaris zone. I don't
> know if jakarta has a zone yet, but I can just as easily run them from
> the Maven zone and grant a few people access to that.
>
> Does this sound like a good idea?

That sounds like an *excellent* idea ... that way, it can be
maintained by all of us instead of just me.  The only issue that might
be a concern is the security aspect ... I have my SSH setup configured
so i don't have to log in, so that the "scp" transferes to copy the
uploaded distributions will work successfully (without me being
physically present at 4 in the morning :-).  But I'm sure we can work
that out.

I'll be glad to provide the scripts I currently use (although we would
probably want to be more cognizant of platform (1.5 or not) and build
system (ant versus maven) differences.

> - Brett

Craig