Stephen Colebourne wrote:
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

Give us a patch. Code before words. As I said, I've looked into this
and I might do some work for 1.1. Not for 1.0.

I send this as a patch on Bugzilla today.

The patches are now there. They remove the whole [lang] dependency by adding a package scoped EmailUtils class, and changing the EmailException class.

The EmailException change could be applied separately if desired, but since the tests pass with the whole change, I would suggest applying it.

I also noticed an oddity in Email.sendMimeMessage(), where the Validate.notNull() method was used. This [lang] method will throw an IllegalArgumentException in case of error, yet this is undocumented by sendMimeMessage(). Also, every other error thrown by [email] is an EmailException. So, perhaps this should be changed to throw an EmailExecption?

BTW: The new classes use [lang]/[collections] brace positioning. Feel free to adjust if you have a code formatter, or tell me to adjust them.

Stephen