(Ups, only replied to Wade, not the list)

On 9/5/05, Wade Chandler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What's a use case for it Tom?  curious.

I just checked-in an enhancement for OJB that allows to specify which
constructor/factory-method to utilize for constructing objects read
from the database. These can have parameters which are described by
corresponding parameter element:

      <creation-descriptor
          type="factory"
          factory-class="org.apache.ojb.broker.ObjectTestFactory"
          factory-method="createInstance"

        <parameter field-ref="name"/>
        <parameter field-ref="value" type="int[]"/>
      </creation-descriptor>

The optional type attribute allows the user to explicitly specify the
parameter type thus helping OJB finding the correct constructor/method
(in case of overload).

Now if I'd use plain Class.forName, the user would have to specify:

[LI

for this int array which is hardly user-friendly. The solution that I
added, allows for the normal type specification as is used in variable
declarations or for method parameters.

Tom