On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 15:40 -0700, Wendy Smoak wrote:
> From: "robert burrell donkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >> How would we get a new SNAPSHOT up to the ibiblio repository?
> >
> > not sure :-/
> >
> > (i'm unsure about the current ASF policy. i'll try to find out but it
> > may take a while...)
>
> A recent post on infra@ suggests that anything placed here
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/
> gets mirrored on ibiblio.

+1

> Comparing
> http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-digester/jars/
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-digester/jars/
> seems to confirm.  And there's even an old SNAPSHOT on ibiblio, so putting a
> new one in java-repository should overwrite it.

the official ASF policy is that /www/www.apache.org/dist should only
contain official full releases.

> I'm less sure about all the other files involved... I've been posting just
> .jar files to the internal Apache repository with good results.  (I think
> some of the extra files might be for Maven2.)
>
> As for policy, I haven't found anything beyond the existing policy on
> releases.

i've found the policy page i was looking for
(http://wiki.apache.org/asfrepository/BrettPorter).
/www/cvs.apache.org/repository is the right place.

> Anything labeled SNAPSHOT or seems to be okay to post
> unofficially-- at least, so far no one has said anything about mine. :)

all distributions hosted on the ASF infrastructure need to follow some
rules. infrastructure is planning on tightening up a number of things
over the next few months so it's probably best to get into good habits
now. we've been working on the documentation over the last few months
(http://www.apache.org/dev) so there should be a lot more covered.
patches gratefully accepted (on infrastructure list or in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA).

- robert