Phil Steitz wrote:

>Given the current setup above, unless I am missing something, all of the
>maven.xml's would have to be modified to check, I guess this is possible.

Fair enough - I thought all the projects extended
commons-build/project.xml (and hence used it's maven.xml).

>Is there any way to get commons-site.jsl to check?

Unfortunately not - fmt is required to parse the file so it will still
die before that.

>Thanks for your help on this and any ideas that you have on how to improve
>the setup.

I've fiddled with a few things, but haven't had much luck:
- tried to revert to the non fmt: version from 1.8 but it seems there
are 2 incompatibilities in 1.9: the removal of build.date and the
requirement of <messages /> to be processed to handle the generated
content. It would have been good for i18n to be an option that was
enabled and the old stuff retained otherwise.
- tried to do the failing as above, and tried to select the old or new
jsl inside the jsl based on the plugin version, but neither worked

The one option I'd consider is whether it is worth ditching
commons-site.jsl altogether. I have no idea what it is meant to add:
setting maven.xdoc.theme=classic looks the same to me (except for the
addition of the the external link icons which can be removed through
CSS). If you'd like me to commit that for commons-math I can. Does
anyone know what it was meant to do, other than insulate against changes
in the Maven generated site?

I know that doesn't solve the fundamental problem in the plugin, but
might be the best solution for commons.

- Brett