Hi all,

The EmailValidator declares a constant called

String EMAIL_PATTERN = "/^(.+)@(.+)$/";

However, this pattern accepts the following email address as valid:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]'night.com <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

As far as I know, the apostrophe is an invalid character for a domain name,
and thus, the method EmailValidator.isValid() _should_ return false.

Have I missed something here, or is the EMAIL_PATTERN only validating and
accepting RFC standard email addresses?

I have tried sending mail using the Java Mail API to an email address that
was formed as above, and the server replied with 'malformed email address'.

Any help is appreciated,
Tan.