Thomas Dudziak wrote:
Btw, I think this check is actually a good idea (including
@inheritDoc), because it forces the developer(s) to think about
Javadoc which IMO is quite important for a library developed by
multiple persons.

True, but the rule could be twisted to something like "Raise a warning if the method has no javadoc and it doesn't override a method already documented in a super class".

And adding an @inheritDoc doesn't cost much time, even if in 200
source files, and also has the benefit that it catches (hard-to-find)
bugs where the base-class method signature was changed but not the one
of the sub-class method.

For some reason IntelliJ doesn't like this tag, I don't know for the other IDEs.

Emmanuel Bourg