Simon Kitching <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>  And do we want to offer 1.3 support, given that 1.3 is still alpha?
>  I would prefer not to; better to provide a minor release after
>  log4j 1.3 is released than provide ahead-of-time support and get
>  it wrong. Actually, for the current release we could provide a
>  Log4JLogger class with TRACE support, and worry about splitting
>  into log4j1.2/1.3 when the new version comes along. I would still
>  like to see the version-checking stuff in the Log4J12Logger class
>  kept, though.

The long stretches of inactivity at JCL would suggest that we better
put some support in there now or we might have a situation where 1.3
is out and JCL has no support for it for quite a while.

        Best regards
                Henning

[EMAIL PROTECTED]        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/

                      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42