Oh and BTW - i do know that i could accomplish this just by simply using
XSLT transformation after full serialization but my main goal is efficiency.

The object tree i mentioned below is really a "hibernated" domain model with
lazy-resolved relationships.
I cannot explode the whole graph because it would create enormous level of
database activity.
That is why the XML version needs to be suppressed during serializations and
calls to java/lang/Method.invoke() by betwixt must be avoided at all cost if
the resultant objects don't participate in the suppressed XML tree.