Phil Steitz wrote:

On 11/2/05, robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 11:16 +1100, Dion Gillard wrote:
Carlos, I think we the developers should work with you on this one.
+1

probably more effective that way

but i'm comfortable about proposing commons karma for any existing
apache committer who wants it.

I have taken a look at Carlos' patch and what it does is:

1) Change all current development version specs from -dev to -SNAPSHOT
2) Introduces artifactId, groupId (in some cases, not everywhere?)
3) Introduces scope tags for dependencies (in some cases)
4) Eliminates some (unused?) resources elements from chain's build section
5) Eliminates empty id, organization, email from contributors

None of these look (to me) like they will affect builds or cause
problems.  We should probably all agree that we want to follow the
"maven way" in 1); though and test all of the builds before
committing.  I am willing to test all of the builds and then commit if
others are OK with this.  If I hear no objections, I will do this in a
couple of days.  In the mean time, it would be good for a [chain]
committer to look at the mods to there.

Thanks, Carlos.

Phil
I am just preparing a release candidate for the 1.2 release of commons-configuration. Because this process involves updating the pom anyway I went ahead and applied the proposed changes for configuration's project.xml. It would be nice if someone double checks this.

Oliver