robert burrell donkin wrote:
i've been running the SOAK tests for over 7 days now without a problem.
if there is a bug in the collections code (as opposed to problems with
synchronization) then i don't think that it'll be discovered by those
tests. i can't see any reason for the code to fail when correctly
synchronized. so, i think it'd be best release as is and hope that (if
the problem exists) someone will donate some production code we can
run.
+1

what is becoming clear to me is that a number of users have been
confused by the need to synchronize the maps. i've added some
clarifications to the javadocs for LRUMap. would it be a good idea (for me) to add explicit notes about the need to
synchronize maps to other javadocs? and to the user guide?
I've added a note to all relevant map javadocs (slightly amended from your text. It would be good if you could add to the user guide.

BTW i get problems with jdiff (no CVSROOT) when i try maven
site:generate any tips?
Perhaps try the latest jdiff plugin? I have 1.5 and maven jdiff works.

Stephen