Would there be, or should I ask, how strong, objections to just changing
it to return BigInteger, period?  No overloaded versions, no
artificially-meaningful (although perfectly reasonable) "special" values,
etc.?  I know it's a change to the public interface and that's not
generally something that should be done, but it's a fairly new release,
can we get away with it this time?

If no one beats me to it, I'll try and open a ticket and submit a patch in
the next day or two, pending thoughts on the question above.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect