Maybe this is of interest:

* Programming guidelines: do's and don'ts

Chris

Phil Steitz wrote:
I am +1 (in the sense of will help :-)  for anything involving
improving docs.  My one request would be that we start with the docs
that already exist and target the main commons web site to house this
stuff, rather than creating ever more scattered and incomplete Wiki
pages.  The following items are already covered on the commons and
apache/dev pages:

* Subversion information. How to check code out.
 * Maven information. How to build.
* Site information. How to generate the site. How to upload your changes.
 * Releasing. How to release.

If the existing pages are not complete or clear enough, then we should
start by updating them.

Phil