--- Mario Ivankovits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Konstantin!

> Ok, so please can one clarify why the question
> "Re: Does Apache have agreement to use other open
> source code outside of
> Apache?"
> avoids a new commons-net release.

how would I know? :)
> Which part of [net] violations our current ASF
> rules?

the same :)

Copyright is a funny field. Just imagine that ibm
incorporates / distributes commons-net with their
product, and then it comes out
that somebody of contributors  was on employ of some
company.

thus company  has copyright on this code.  so
technically IBM
and ( much worse ) their customers are  commiting
copyright
infringement.  this company lawyers switch their
phasors on "sue"
and start major assault.

any similarity with SCO/Linux issue is not intentional
:)

regards,

----[ Konstantin Pribluda http://www.pribluda.de ]----------------
Still using XDoclet 1.x?  XDoclet 2 is released and of production quality.
check it out: http://xdoclet.codehaus.org