<snip/>

Hi Phil,

I think I am now at a point where I have a maven build, which should satisfy
almost all points noticed by you and other reviewers - except for the line
ending issue. After some documentation improvements I hope I can publish the
(hopefully final) RC3 in some days.

I had a clirr report in the first release candidate. It can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~oheger/commons-configuration-1.2RC1-docs/clirr.xml

This report contains two error messages, which are a bit strange. It claims
that a method was dropped from XMLConfiguration, but this method was simply
moved into a super class. Maybe a clirr expert can chime in?

Thanks
Oliver