Steve Cohen wrote:
Not quite so trivial. The commons-io site evidently pushes two sets of javadocs, one for "SVN latest" and another for the last official release. Net only has one and the one it has, although it's location is named analogously to io's "SVN latest", actually points to net's last official release. So I suspect there's also some maven magic going on here as well.

This is a nice feature, the way you have it in IO. Shouldn't this be part of the standard commons maven process?

I did [io]. Do achieve the effect you have to do it manually.

1) maven clean
2) Checkout v1.0
3) maven javadoc
4) rename target/docs/apidocs to api-1.0
5) repeat for v1.1, v1.2 etc
6) maven site:sshdeploy
7) ssh to the site directory and link api-release to the latest release

You don't need to do this with every release, as the javadoc just accumulates and doesn't get deleted by subsequent uploads. Note that target/docs/apidocs is reserved for the SVN latest javadoc.

To use the javadoc you then customise navigation.xml as per [io].

This is probably all scriptable in maven, but I tried it once with [collections], and found that scripting wasn't worth the effort - a manual process was quicker.

Stephen