On 12/13/05, David Smiley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Last I recall, the HTTPClient team abandoned the idea of an NIO based
> HTTPClient implementation since testing that Oleg did turned up poor
> results.
>
> I happened upon some information today which may cause the HTTPClient
> team to rethink this:
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2005/06/
> grizzly_an_http.html
> It's a blog about "Grizzly", an HTTP Listener using NIO for GlassFish.
> It's worth reading all of it.

I have found the Grizzly benchmarks that have been published to be
bogus (or at least to be valid for very specific workloads, and having
bad behavior for many others).

If you want high scalability without compromising raw performance, I
recommend you use the APR connectors (AJP or HTTP) that are included
in Tomcat 5.5.14 (actually in 5.5.12+, but bugs have been fixed).

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat