Hi,

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 19:52, C. Grobmeier wrote:
> > ... please, do us a favour and put them into Bugzilla, so they do not get
> > lost. Any effort by the maintainers is on a voluntary basis and you don't
> > know, when they have the time to look. A mailing list is not the proper
> > archive for proposed changes, bugfixes and patches.
>
> Hi,
>
> i agree with you. This should be changed if this is the common opinion:
>
> * http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/patches.html
>
> "There are two ways to submit a patch:
> [...]
> - By mailing the patch as an attachment to the appropriate dev mailing list
> [...]
> But which way is better? They are both equally acceptable!"

I will create a Bugzilla entry for them as well.

I think a mailing list is a good way to post patches, because it gives
everybody on the list a chance to reply in-line to the changes being
proposed. This system works with great success in the Linux project, which is
(as we know) a mammoth undertaking.

I think there is also a lot to be gained by putting these into Bugzilla. Maybe
it should be that patches should be posted to *both* places? I think that
might be an idea...

> Regards,
> Chris.

Thanks,