On 12/20/05, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I lack the background for a couple of directories under commons proper
> in SVN, but it will be nice to have that :-) These are not in the
> externals for trunks-proper either.
>
> * combo/

The original theory here was that we could produce a commons-all.jar, and
associated "all Commons" javadocs, for the complete set of "proper" Commons
components.  The build script would let an individual developer pick which
versions of all the point products he or she wanted, and in theory someone
would update the checked-in version whenever there was a GA release of one
of the packages.

Alas, nobody really picked up on the idea, and the implementation (at least
in Ant) is pretty messy.  I'd consider this thing to be dormant at the
moment.

Was this concept ever put in motion? (committer list shows Craig and Hen)

> * docs/
>
> Much of the stuff under docs/ is now contained in commons-build/. Does
> this serve any current purpose?

Don't know about that one.

Thanks!
> -Rahul