Brett Porter wrote:
Dennis Lundberg wrote:
Thanks for the quick response Brett. I have it all working now, thanks
to your changes.

cool

To move this forward I have created a wiki page where anyone
interested can add their comments and experiences. For starters it
includes:

thanks!

- basic steps to convert a component from Maven 1 to Maven 2
I don't want to go too far down this path until we have a subset of
sandbox components working 100%, but its great that you've started this.
I'll try and keep it up to date :)

OK, I won't go there then...

Some comments:
* The copyright notice at the bottom is now right-aligned (before it was
left-aligned) and a bit smaller than before

After some digging I found that it is the custom .jsl file in commons-build that is responsible for the left-alignment.

That also explains why the size is different, because commons-build puts a table inside the footer, which in turn contains the actual text.

     I'll file it in JIRA

See additional comments there.

* There is no text "Doc for <version>" to the right of the publishing date

     I left that off the parent because it doesn't go on the parent
site, but it should be in the subprojects. Add <version position="top"
/> to site.xml

That needs to be <version position="left">, but yes it works nicely.

Learning by doing often works well for me, so I have converted
commons-id to Maven 2. At least the site generation is working
properly. But the unit tests are failing for me. Think I saw something
about that in another thread. Anyway, is there any interest in the
files that I have made for commons-id?

Since this doesn't interfere with existing builds, it'd be good to have
another example. Have you put it into bugzilla?

Actually it does interfere. I have moved the xdocs from id/xdocs/ to id/site/xdoc/. Will try to set the site root and see if it still works.

What is your opinion on directory-layout? Should we change it if/when commons moves to Maven 2?

--
Dennis Lundberg