Hi,

I am interested in help with compress. I already read the code
and checked out the zip-spec, but couldn't code something till now.
Imaging an simple standalone compression helper makes me feel good.

Chris

Brett Porter wrote:
I intend to resuscitate compress, but I wouldn't want to have to
maintain the existing API (though not far off).

Might be best to svn cp them into your own tree.

- Brett

Mario Ivankovits wrote:
Hi!

What to do with [compress]?

There is no development on the compress package, but VFS depends on it.
As you know, this is a show stopper for VFS to release.

The question now is if we should promote compress to proper and cut a
release or if I should import the required classes into the VFS codebase.
The latter might mean that compress will get dormant at all.

Personally I would like to keep compress as I hope sometimes in the
future we well see new compression algos too.
Might It be an option to move compress to [codec]? With some good will
;-) we can argue that it fits not that bad.

Ciao,
Mario