Kohsuke,

I've tried to run unit tests for asm transformer on code from SVN and noticed that they all failing. I believe the reason is that you've changed SimpleVerifier to BasicVerifier in the method analyzer and not all of the checkcasts created with Object type. So, I am afraid that we'll have to use SimpleVerifier to get the actual types of the stack and local values.

Another possible approach could be to use results of DataflowInterpeter to find an instructions that are consuming given stack value and then cast to the type required by this instruction, but I am not sure if there are some gaps in this approach, e.g. if locals will cause issues...

  regards,
  Eugene

PS: I'll send a patch for local vars allocation later today.