I'm trying to use SCXMLDigester to read an SCXML file without an "initialstate"
attribute defined
on the <scxml> document element.  Doing so throws a "SEVERE: No SCXML child
state with ID "null"
found; illegal initialstate for SCXML document"

The Working Draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-scxml-20050705/#Semantics)
doesn't specify whether
or not the initialstate attribute is required, and from the examples in
sections E1 and E2, SCXML
documents without this attribute are presented.  I'm assuming that there can be
state chart XML
documents that do not specify an initial state until the draft is updated.

updateSCXML in SCXMLDigester assumes that this attribute is present.  Rahil, I
propose that if the
initialstate is not present this method shouldn't print an error message
"SEVERE", it should just
skip setting the initialstate.  I believe that the default behavior works, but
the error message
is misleading.