On 1/19/06, Peter Costa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am new to the list
<snip/>

Welcome!

> and would like to get involved in
> this project.
<snap/>

We're always looking for help :-)

> I was wondering if you could tell me
> where to get more information SCXML other than the
> website.  Are there any other docs out there?  I would
> like to know what you want me to do to get started on
> this project.

<snip/>

One of the challenges of being an active developer, especially with
unreleased projects, is to be able to cope with lack of documentation,
and even more valuably, to be able to help improve the documentation
along the way. To that end, it is useful to just grab the code and
increase your familiarity with it, start using it and fix things that
bother you.

You can even start by answering these questions on the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML/SCXMLFaq

You'll find many answers in the code and the Javadocs.

You should also get familiar (if you're not already) with creating
patches, submitting them for consideration in Bugzilla, and ofcourse,
participate in discussions on the mailing lists. Some "how things
work" links that may be useful are (depending on your experience):

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/understandingopensource.html
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/GettingInvolved
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html

For SCXML resources, we basically have:

 * http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML (wiki)

 * http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/scxml/ (website)

 * http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta/commons/sandbox/scxml/trunk/
(repository trunk)

 * http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/ (specification)

The first three are actively discussed on this mailing list.

-Rahul

> Peter Costa

<snap/>