Hello Robert,

robert burrell donkin wrote:
> i'm going through the patches (by hand) now.
>
> i notice that a lot of the parameters are now declared final (which is -
> usually - good). i would have expected that this should not effect
> binary compatibility but unfortunately, i can't find anywhere in the JLS
> where this is definitely specified. i'm very reluctant to add any
> changes which risk (at all) binary compatibility issues.
>
> anyone know of a definitive reference?

First my apologies to not mention it in the patch description - I am used to
final the parameters, so I did not recognize it actively.
I cannot cite a spec or a similiar document. After your mail I just used JAD
to decompile a class again.
The final before the parameters is not part of the decompiled class.

I know that this is not a proove, but a hint.
If this is going to be a show stopper, the final should be removed.

Regards
Boris