"Brett Porter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Bill Barker wrote:
>> Well, Gump doesn't currently support Maven 2, so moving to an *only*
>> build
>> with Maven 2 would pretty much cripple Gump.
>
> I think Maven 2 support in Gump should be on this list of prereqs.

Well, I'm only making progress slowly in understanding Maven 2 enough to
create a plugin for the Repository that points to the Gump-built jars
instead of the one declaired in the POM.  If nobody that actually knows
Maven 2 wants to step up on [EMAIL PROTECTED], it's going to be a long time
before this happens ;-).

>> That aside, I personally have no interest in Maven, so won't help for the
>> projects I'm involved with (daemon & modeler), and will veto removal of
>> the
>> ant build scripts from either.
>
> I don't think anyone is saying that Ant scripts should be removed if
> there is someone to maintain them. As a last resort, the "mvn ant:ant"
> output should do a sufficient job for gump.

Actually, I understand that modeler won't build under Maven at all, and the
daemon ant script is also unrelated to the (brain-dead) output of Maven.