Many people will do is to unsubscribe to
 commons-wiki
 commons-issues
 commons-commits
 commons-ci

Yes, that's the idea. For people to be subscribed *only* to the things that interest them. If someone is interested they will help. But I believe that the noise kills productivity for many people.

...which means less oversight about the project.
Not sure if that would be a good move.

Isn't oversight a committer or pmc duty?

Well, less in the context of code or wiki changes.
That's the kind of oversight that is the duty of
the developers IMO.

At least we should make it compulsory for committers
to be subscribed to all these lists.

Yes, of course, I didn't write that as I thought it was a given.

Ah ...ok

cheers
--
Torsten