On 3/6/06, C. Grobmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > What would be the work involved in getting compress released? Any idea?
>
> - - fixing the 3 (or 4) Bugs
> - - preparing an commonly used interface
> - - having functions for deleting files from a compressed file (optional,
> i think)
> - - clean up of the old code
> - - possibly merging with codehaus-code (from Brett Porter)
> - - preparing functions to work with Output/Inputstreams (necessary for VFS)
>
> I have something done and put a draft-compress online (see thread
> "[compress] Discussing compress")
>
> Nothing special, but needs a bit of time. This would be a core release,
> with just the most simple features.

You've got my time if you need it. Push on with getting each one of
these moving, and whenever you hit a karma issue, just hit me and I'll
deal with patches etc.

I'll try to find time to dig into the issues themselves, but far more
realistic to have those interested driving things (yourself, vfs,
others?).

Hen