Henri Yandell wrote:
> However, what do people think about:
>
> https://truezip.dev.java.net/

It doesn't yet have tar support (seems to have a different initial focus
than what we are looking for), one developer, zero users (4 messages to
the user list, all from the devleoper), and a rapid change of major
version numbers seems to indicate it may not be as stable as needed.

> It appears to target the compress goals, is an active project(?) with
> releases, and most importantly uses a sane license (ASL). I'm not sure
> how much of a one-man show it is; but maybe we could be helping out
> there rather than trying to create something out of [compress].

Compress is stable code that just needs to be made easily reusable. I
need to do a review of the last couple of messages, but there are at
least 2 or 3 keen people involved. I think it's got promise.

- Brett