On 08.03.2006, at 11:05, Gary Gregory wrote:

hate it :)

Joke and emotion aside, I am interested in what makes programmers take
an opinion on topics like this.

Could you describe what you like about the one syntax?

As long as we don't make long winded discussion out of it - sure :)

Well, I don't recall having any issues mixing up super.foo() and this.foo() ...so it's just typing overhead.

The big ruby wave is just one of the expressions of "I want to type less" ;)

But IMO it's just personal style in the end. And I am usually sticking with the style of the class I am working on ...as long as that style is obvious ;)

cheers
--
Torsten