I've prepared Pool 1.3-rc1 at http://people.apache.org/~sandymac/pool/1.3-rc1/
I'd appreciate it if interested parties reviewed it and tested it with
their setup.

It's been a long time since Pool 1.2 was release and 1.3-rc1 contains
many fixes including ones that substantially change behavior. The most
intrusive fixes are in GenericObjectPool and if there are any
regressions they are most likely to be there.

Pool 1.3-rc1 targets the 1.3 JVM and removes Pool 1.2's the dependency
on Commons Collections so it should run on a stock Java 1.3 JVM.

According to Henri's Commons' Interdependencies[1] Dbcp and
Configuration are the two Commons components that depend on Pool. I
will be testing 1.3-rc1 with Dbcp under heavy load later this week at
work. If someone familiar with Configuration could check it with
1.3-rc1 I would appreciate it.

If after nobody raises any issues on Saturday the 25th I'll start a
vote to make this an official release.

1: http://people.apache.org/~bayard/Commons-Interdependencies.png
--
Sandy McArthur