Sandy McArthur wrote:
On 3/23/06, Oliver Heger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I tested RC2 with Commons Configuration and did not find any problems
(but this is not too meaningful because the dependency to Commons Pool
is only used by a test case for the database configuration class).

Some notes:

- There is no release notes file in neither the source nor the binary
distro.

Both have a readme with the highlights and info where a complete
release notes can be found.

Binary distro has docs/release-notes-1.3.html
Source distro has xdocs/release-notes-1.3.xml

Is something else needed?
Most other components have a RELEASE-NOTES.txt in their top level directory, and that's where I first looked. Maybe it makes sense to add a simple file that only points to the "real" release notes in the subdirectories?

- LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt have unix style line endings in the zips.
(This is not a problem for me, but was cause for some discussions in the
past.)

I'm on a mac os x box and unix style would be the default. How do
other projects solve this other than building on win32?
As other replies to this thread indicate, there is no single solution. In addition to the brought up suggestions, AFAIK newer versions of maven's dist plugin are able to handle at least the txt files in the top level directory correctly.

- I had a problem building with ant (ClassNotFoundError for
junit/textui/TestRunner), but this can be a problem with my setup (did
not do much with ant recently).

the junit.jar property needs to be set as a path to the junit jar.
This is showed in tbe build.proerties.sample file.
okay

Oliver

Sandy McArthur wrote:

I've prepared Pool 1.3-rc2 at
http://people.apache.org/~sandymac/pool/1.3-rc2/ I'd appreciate it if
interested parties reviewed it and tested it with their setup.

Changes since 1.3-rc1 are limited to documentation updates and maven
build clean ups.

The previous 1.3-rc1 announcement can be found at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200603.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]

If no issues are raised, on Saturday the 25th I'll start a vote to
make this an official release.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine