Some suggestions for the checklist:

* 3rd party jars and licences
* do the MD5 and PGPs work OK?
* do the archives contain everything that is needed? For example, if
there are source and binary jars, then the union of the two should
produce a set of files that includes everything in the repository.
* do the archives contain anything they shouldn't? E.g. unversioned
source files, test logs etc.
* if there are multiple archives, does each contain what is necessary
and sufficient, or is there some duplication that could be eliminated?

HTH
S.