On 3/29/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Or maybe we should simply advertise the dependencies pages better?

Dependencies should be listed on the download page. The mind set of
someone wanting to to use a component is and I know this from having
done it a dozen or so times:

1. Find the component's site.
2. Find the download link on the site.
3. See want they want to download (src/bin, tar/zip)
4. Unpack
5. Find the jar and add it to their project.

Step #3 is where we have the most cranial activity available to us and
we should take advantage of that. Any other step and the end user is
just going through the motions trying to get their work done with as
little effort as possible.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine