I need to run the RMIC compiler after the test classes are compiled, but
there is no (not yet at least) process-test-classes phase.  Has anyone been
able to RMIC compile a test class?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sanchez
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 8:39 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [all] Maven2/RMIC?

This works for me. A known issue it's that it won't work under Mac as
the jdk tools doesn't exist, but I believe it's only needed when
iiop=true

      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>process-classes</phase>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <echo>Running rmic</echo>
                <rmic base="${project.build.directory}/classes"
classname="org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiInvocationWrapper"/>
                <rmic base="${project.build.directory}/classes"
classname="org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiInvocationWrapper"
iiop="true">
                  <classpath refid="maven.compile.classpath"/>
                </rmic>
              </tasks>
            </configuration>
            <goals>
              <goal>run</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>com.sun</groupId>
            <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
            <scope>system</scope>
            <version>1.4</version>
            <systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>
      </plugin>

On 3/13/06, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> All,
>
> Has anyone got RMIC to work using Maven2?  Jakarta Commons Proxy's test
> cases need to generate RMIC stubs, but I can't get it working.  It keeps
> complaining about either JAVA_HOME or CLASSPATH issues.  There are
> complaints out there on the forums about it, but I didn't really see a
good
> work-around.  Here's the relevant part of the pom.xml file:
>
> <plugins>
>   <plugin>
>     <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>     <executions>
>       <execution>
>         <id>generate-rmic-stubs</id>
>         <phase>test-compile</phase>