Martin Cooper wrote:
Should I be quoting examples of where people have suggested enhancements to
Commons IO that you have claimed are out of scope for that component? I seem
to remember essentially the same discussion coming up there. Certain methods
_could_ be added, but were not. Why?

Scope is always a difficult call. [fileupload] is lucky on this front as its scope is naturally much better defined than [io]'s 'stuff that helps with io'.

IMHO, this is a repetitive problem that [fileupload] could address without a big impact and without further scope creep. But I read a -1 between the lines, so I'll stop talking :-)

Stephen