Oh, but thank you very much for offering to help, though.  If I run into any
more snags, I might take you up on it! :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Lundberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 10:22 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [all] Maven 1.0 vs. 2.0

James Carman wrote:
> All,
>
> What's the standard build system for Jakarta Commons right now?  I know
> folks have been trying to move to M2, but is it stable enough and does it
> support all we need currently (like sshdeploy and the like)?  I'd like to
> move Commons Proxy to the proper, but my M2 build isn't quite working the
> way I want it.
>
> James

Previous discussions on this topic can be summarized like this: Until
Maven 2 is sufficiently stable Commons Proper components should continue
to use Maven 1. There are experiments going on in the sandbox with Maven
2 builds with various degrees of success.

For more reading, please see the wiki:
   http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/CommonsCommitters
In particular the documents ReleaseShoppingList, CreatingSiteWithMaven2
and MavenPlugins.

If you need a hand with the Maven 2 build for Commons Proxy, let me know
what the problem is and I'll see what I can do.

--
Dennis Lundberg