On 4/15/06, Gary Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]

I think it's worthwhile to group the issues into the separations
you've suggested, then we can discuss release points. Size of groups
would determine whether the above makes sense.

My immediate feel is that it's too many releases - good for Lang but
bad for the other Commons components if we suck up 4 or 5 of our
interest level in this way.

> - Release 3.0:
>   - discuss breaking the API by removing deprecated methods?

There needs to be discussion? :) General rule is that we drop
deprecateds at the next major.

>   - discuss changing the base JRE requirement?

Any reasons jumping to mind to change?

>   - discuss deprecating any date/time code that can be replaced with
> Joda-Time.

This should be done in 2.2/ASAP.  I'm not sure we have that much that
should be deprecated - we just need to be getting good at drawing the
line of what is fine to implement and what is too much.

>   - builds/works on Java 5?
>   - builds/works on Java 6?

+1 to both. Trying to build commons components under Harmony is on my
todo list too.

Hen