On 4/28/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>

It does seem to be that there's more interest in the full name than
the shorter one.

<snap/>

I don't think we should imply a x character limit either. Hopefully,
everyone will choose the shortest name that still makes sense.

In terms of the J***, we should we be asking infra@ what they want to do.

I don't think we should be embracing the J*** bit out of future-worry
if they're not concerned. I can agree that a more readable code makes
for more readable email subjects (the name is in the body of the jira
email not the subject, so hard to filter on that); but the prefixing
with J issue then makes it unreadable and doesn't seem necessary.

<snip/>

Agreed, lets not have prefixes please.

In terms of ids, obviously one for each project. Do we also want one
for Commons in general for build and site issues?
<snip/>

Yes.

And I presume we'd
have a sandbox project.

<snap/>

Yes.

Also, are we talking about migrating Commons or Jakarta to JIRA?

Finally, take my comments for what they're worth since unfortunately,
I have no cycles to contribute towards this move.

-Rahul

Hen