here is a new draft:
http://www.grobmeier.de/commons-compress-draft-6.zip

I have changed a lot of things discussed with draft 5.
The API is easier now. Everything what seems to be unnecessary has been
deleted. Compress is working with Files and InputStreams only, no more
String-params are allowed. New is also ArchiveEntry, which represents
the entry of an archive ;-).

For example, a zip file can be created like this:

Archiver archiver = ArchiverFactory.ZIP.getInstance();

Why not use a proper factory? Did you consider my suggestions?

http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg79370.html

cheers
--
Torsten