Henri Yandell wrote:
I pondered it for a while. The tag is of value - it's so we can start
a branch if trunk suddenly becomes untenable. My biggest concern with
Simon's reason was that it encourages read-write tags if we take it
fully.

Ideally we would copy the rc tag to the release tag, modify the rc
bits to the real release and then build a release. Are we happy with
tags being edited like that?

Well I know I'd have to rethink all the scripts I've now worked up to get releases out consistently and easily.

Sounds like all we might agree on here is for each release manager to make a choice.

Stephen