On 6/2/06, Lukas Theussl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> The problem is that at the moment of the release, lastRelease should
>> still mean the previous release but it doesn't. At that moment it
>> suddenly means that release and you get a really small changelog.
>

> Well that's brilliant. I wonder if anyone can come up with a use case for
> that behaviour... ;-)

Some background: I joined the Maven team just at a time when (almost)
everybody abandoned m1 and concentrated on m2 development, leaving
behind some 65 plugins in an unmaintained and half-finished state. So my
usecase was that this option allowed me to view at a glance what had
been worked on still after each last release, without having to look up,
and manually fill in, the release dates for each of these ~65 plugins.

It was never meant to be used 'in production' though, as a
well-maintained project with a responsible RM should always have these
dates up-to-date (which means: set at release time). Or do you think
that a 'nextToLastRelease' option would be reasonable? :)

Other option would be for 'maven site' to be a part of the release
plugin in m2 (not sure if it is) and for plugins to therefore know
they're running within a release context and not a dev context.

Hen