Dear Jakarta Commons developers

I'm in the process of stealing (possibly forking) the dormant project
commons-events.  While I am highly motivated to adopt it as a baseline, I'd
be integrating it into a Geospatial library (GeoTools;
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/).  I'd really rather keep it
separate and refer to it by a dependency.  Would there be any interest in
reviving this project if I handed it back to Apache with tests, a maven 2
POM, and whatever fixins might be required to make it function?
Conversely, would anyone have advice on the current state of the code (what
to watch out for, etc.) for a person primarily interested in the
ObservableSet/Map/List/Collections?

As I am lazy and refactoring is work, I hope to sweet talk someone here
into taking commons-events back when I'm done with it. Maybe even release
it. :)

Progress may be observed at:
http://svn.geotools.org/geotools/branches/jts-wrapper/module/events/

Out of curiousity, is there any reason not to absorb commons-events back
into commons-collections?

Thanks,
Bryce
PS: I'd like to update my maven dependency for commons-collections to 3.2,
but it's not on ibiblio yet (released May16th).  When might this arrival be
celebrated?