Bryce L Nordgren wrote:
Commons-collections is too big. It was deliberately
broken out to make both parts managable.

This project did have quite an active life at first.
Where it floundered was that there were IIRC three
competing code implementations (not just designs). I
believe that all are currently in SVN. To revive this,
we would have to select one without excessive ego.

I'm not sure I'm looking at the same package.  I see 25 classes, 30 tops.
There doesn't seem to be any overlap (e.g. two concepts coded in competing
ways).

See http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200306.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
for some discussion. There will be more before this, and a little after.

> And when it's compiled, the jar is 35k.  (less than 10% of
commons-collections, which weighs in at 500k--and commons-events depends on
commons-collections to boot).
Yes its a small increase, but there seems to be a trend to favouring smaller jar files, particularly as they can be released more frequently.

Stephen