On 7/7/06, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/7/06, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 7/7/06, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is it just the jar or the whole distro you want dated? If its just the
> > jar then set  "maven.jar.final.name" - if its the distro (including
> > jar) then set "maven.final.name"
> >
> > Not sure the best way to set it - putting it in a "build.properties"
> > file would do it - or specifying it when you run the command:
> >
> >  maven -Dmaven.final.name=commons-validator-20060707 dist
> >
> Thanks, Niall!
>
> That eliminates the need for name-munging in the script and also
> handles the jar.

I tried  "maven.jar.final.name" after I sent this, but didn't seem to
work - "maven.final.name" did though. If you use  "maven.final.name"
and run the "dist" target theres a number of components which the
"checkstyle" generation won't work (validator included) - I can change
those later.

I did not see the validator failure when I did this.

Neither the jar.final.name nor maven.final.name seem to be respected
by the artifact plugin (1.5.2, the last version that works with maven
1.0.2), so I just added scp commands to deploy the dated snaps to the
snapshot repo manually.

Phil