On 7/17/06, James Ring (JIRA) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-3?page=comments#action_12421744
]
o st
James Ring commented on DBCP-3:
-------------------------------

Shouldn't we at least apply the patch to the trunk so that it appears in our
nightlies?

After we get 1.2.2 out.  Otherwise, we would need to start a 1.2.2
branch and then port fixes back to trunk, which would effectively
become 1.3 development.  i would also want to do this as part of a
full plan for fixing exception management.

Help on the open 1.2.2 issues would be greaty appreciated.  If
progress does not pick up soon (as in this week), I will cut an RC
based on the bugs that have been fixed up to now and we can start on
1.3.  It would be great to knock off the baddies on the 1.2.2 list
that do not require API / semantic change, though.  This would be
useful for those who want to maintain full backward compatibility with
1.2.

Phil